Prestigious awards competition, ceremony honors top performing public relations, marketing and communications teams in Western North Carolina
The Public Relations Association of Western North Carolina annual awards program, "Best of the Mountains," recognizes excellence in public relations and marketing communications in Western North Carolina.
And when the winners are declared, top performers get the recognition they deserve in an audience of their peers and colleagues.
Competing entries must have taken place between Sept. 1, 2009, and Aug. 31, 2010.
This year, approximately 50 entries competed for awards in 15 categories. Winners were honored during an awards dinner at Pack's Tavern on Thursday, Oct. 21 from 6-8 p.m.
"This year, we chose to keep the results of the judging secret until the very last minute," says Sherri L. McLendon, president. "Raising the level of anticipation among those who entered made for an exciting evening."
Among the honorees were:
1. Pardee Hospital, Advertising Campaign-Complete campaign, Pardee Orthopedic Center of Excellence (One Step Starts the Adventure)
2. Buncombe County, Advertising Campaign-Outdoor, Did you know-Green
3. Cassel Caywood Love, Advertising Campaign-Print/Direct Mail, Trauma Print
4. CarePartners Health Services, Advertising Campaign-TV, The Way Back
5. Summit Marketing Group, Brand/Marketing Campaign, Camp Tech-Head
6. United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County, Multi-Media Communication, Virtual Kickoff
7. Write Away, Inc., Online Marketing-Social Media, Action Pursuit Games video, web and FaceBook
8. UNC Asheville, Public Relations Campaign, Student Recruitment
9. UNC Asheville, Public Relations Writing, NASCAR Press Release
10. Buncombe County , Public Service/Advocacy-Campaign, Christmas in July
11. Pardee Hospital Foundation, Publications-Brochures, Orthopedics Brochure
12. Western Carolina University, Publications-Magazines, The Magazine of Western Carolina University
13. Pardee, Special Event, Hike to Health
14. Synergy Point, Online Marketing-Websites, The Upcountry
15. UNC Asheville, Online Marketing-Websites, Website Redesign
"The organization's goal remains to celebrate and gain recognition for the work of public relations, marketing, and design professionals in our region," McLendon says. "We have an amazing array of talent in this market. Its visibility and superior quality is a healthy economic indicator."